Author Lucie Ulrich
Updated: May 29, 2019
Lucie Ulrich is an award-winning author of inspirational fiction. Her books are filled with faith, family and forgiveness. She was honored to receive a RONE Award for her second novel, "The Rose Ring."
A former performing arts director, Lucie now enjoys going on photo shoots with her husband, and taking long (or short) road trips. She continues to find inspiration as she and her husband explore the four corners of the United States.
So much of the time the same questions come up in author interviews, so I like to give Spotlight Authors the option to share some random facts about themselves that readers might not know about. Below is Lucie's list!
Ten things most (some) people don’t know about me:
1. I’m old!!! Lol! Okay, I’m not ancient, but most of my books tend to be about young love. I’m working on incorporating older couples into my writing.
2. Though I’ve lived in the US for many years, I’m still a Canadian citizen—something else I’m working on.
3. I’m a romance writer, but I don’t care for billionaire, or prince/princess books. Please don’t hate me.
4. I’m an estate sale junkie.
5. I hate yard work, but love beautiful flowers/plants—yet one more thing I’m working on.
6. Game night is a thing with me. It doesn’t happen every week, but when my family gets together… it’s on!
7. I published my first book when I was 58. Never give up on your dreams.
8. My husband and I have visited all 50 states.
9. My Christmas tree collection has gotten out of hand. Did I mention I’m an estate sale junkie?
10. Turner Classic Movies (TMC) is my favorite channel. There’s something special about the classics.
Thanks for sharing these, Lucie! And if our paths every cross on a game night, I think we might make a great team ;-)
With a will that reads like a piece of fiction, the return of his long-lost brother, and the possibility of losing the family ranch, Micah Cooper calls on high school friend, Sky Baxter, to bail him out of a bad situation.
Though her brain tells her no, Sky's heart says yes. She accepts Micah's in-name-only proposal, knowing it's unlikely anything permanent will come of it. She's been in love with him since the ninth grade, and if he hasn't figured it out by now, there's little chance he ever will.
When an unexpected kiss ignites a spark, giving Micah hope for a possible future with Sky, a tragic accident threatens to take it all away. Torn between following his heart, doing the right thing, and forgiving the past, Micah is lost in a whirlwind of pain and emotions. Will he make it through the next two years, or will a long-kept family secret be the undoing of all of the Cooper Family?
Nearly sixteen years after relinquishing the rights to his unborn child, Noah Cooper is stunned to discover his daughter, Hope, wants to meet him. With the love and support of his family, Noah sets off from Elk Flats, Montana to Albany, New York, having no idea what changes are in store for him.
Cancer survivor and widow, Beth Peterson, is more than a little nervous to meet her daughter’s birth father. Their initial meeting goes well, but things decline in a hurry when Noah invites Hope to spend time at the ranch without speaking to Beth about it first.
Determined to meet her new family, a battle of wills ensues between Hope and her mother. While Hope longs for a connection, Beth fears losing her daughter to virtual strangers—strangers who live two thousand miles away.
Struggles and misunderstandings abound between Noah and Beth, despite their growing attraction for one another. Noah is ready to commit, while Beth can’t let go of the memory of her husband and the imperfections cancer has forced to live with. Will hope, patience, and prayer be enough to pull this family together?
A standalone read, “Finding Hope” is the continuing story of the Cooper brothers, first introduced in “The Rose Ring.”
Connect with Lucie!
Enter for a chance to win the School's Out Stock Your TBR Pile Giveaway which includes a
copy of each book in The Cooper Family Series. And don't forget to share the giveaway with your best reading buddy because - Surprise! - the authors have decided to double the fun! When we announce the winner on Facebook, they can tag one friend and we will stock their TBR pile, also! Don'f forget to tell your friend to enter, too!